When we founded Global Flying Hospitals over twenty years ago (in 2001) we thought everyone would fall in love with the plan to fly high-tech hospital aircraft to those in need, instead of the old model of flying medical professionals into developing countries and working in sub-standard facilities. It simply made good sense!
Since then, the world has become progressively worse. We all know that. And it will continue to do so as populations increase, pandemics emerge, water becomes scarce, political upheavals, wars, natural disasters … and growing medical needs explode.
BIG is NOT the Answer
Today; the need for Global Flying Hospitals is even more crucial. Originally we were focused on acquiring a wide-bodied jet to refurbish. We mistakenly thought BIG was the answer. It’s not! The huge, spiraling costs to refurbish and operate a wide-bodied jet into a hospital is simply ineffective nowadays.
Add fuel, maintenance and operations … it became unworkable! Worse; it is totally useless in operating in and out of unprepared, unpaved runways, such as in the highlands of New Guinea … or SE Asia or Sth. American countries.
Reinventing the Future
Finally, we realized the only way forward was via the “cargo” type aircraft, specifically built for unprepared runways, long distance, speed and able to carry heavy or large loads. These aircraft are able to ferry roll-on, roll-off, specially manufactured 21st Century mobile hospitals. Each clinic designed for a medical specialism as Dental, Ophthalmology, Pediatrics, Surgical, Prosthetics etc. Even isolation wards for disease and pandemics! Once landed they can even be expanded and be self-sufficient in power, gases, water, filtration and sterile systems.
Predicting GFH’s future …. by reinventing it!
We now have the new business model for humanitarian medical care! We have also secured our funding for the next decade as corporate and individual patrons stand by awaiting for the world to re-open! All old fund-raising methods have been shelved. Only the raffle for the luxury cars and bikes remain, simply as a marketing and promotional tool.
Singapore – Macau SAR – Australia – USA – Mauritius – Sth America
With fast moving geo-political changes underway – and various regions becoming challenging – the Board has researched for the best regions for operational HUBS. This is the 2022 plan: …………….
- Global Flying Hospitals (Macau) Association, (since 2009) the Board has resolved to also establish a different base in Asia. This is to place GFH in Singapore with alliances with neighboring countries for the manufacturing of our clinics and isolation wards … and to service SE Asia.
- Global Flying Hospitals (Australia) Limited has been formed with a base in Cairns, to service both rural and outback Australia and Sth. Pacific countries.
- Mauritius is the perfect place to service African countries and as a drop off shipping point for clinics in knock-down form then reassembled for ferry flights. It has excellent governance and infrastructure for GFH’s purposes and GFH Mauritius will be launched in 2022.
- Global Flying Hospitals (USA) Originally formed in 2001 – now being refreshed and operations from Mobile Alabama; will service the Caribbean and some Sth. American countries, along with working close with US based corporate sponsors and other entities.
- GFH Sth. America is under negotiation with certain Latin America countries, to find the most suitable and stable environment for operations in that vase continent.
Updates will follow!
Welcome to the NEW Global Flying Hospitals
Please contact us at ceo@GFH-Asia.org if you desire to work or partner with GFH.
Founder and Group CEO